KUPX-TV Provo

1167
KUPX-TV Provo, UT

KUPX-TV is an Ion Television service broadcasting in Salt Lake City, Utah. The channel 29 established on April 21, 1998 is owned and operated by Ion TV. Its studios are located on Lawndale Drive in the Southern Section of Salt Lake City while transmitter is installed on Farnworth Peak in Oquirrh Mountains, southwest of Salt Lake City. K23NU-D, K41LF-D and K24IN-D are the LP translators active in Richfield, Salina and Malad City respectively.

Watch KUPX-TV Provo, UT Live Streaming

Watch KUPX-TV live streaming from Provo, Utah. Wait as the stream loads.

Click HERE to Watch Live

Read More

History

On April 24, 1985, FCC supplied Morro Rock Resources, Inc. with a construction permit on UHF channel 16; it would serve Salt Lake City and Provo markets under the calls KZAR-TV. In Oct 1985, the station was released to Royal Television of Utah, Inc. which faced constant expirations of construction permits. The calls of the channel were deleted in 1988 but were restored four months later. Federal Communications Commission didn’t grant the license until Feb 1996. Royal Broadcasting released its asset to Roberts Broadcasting in May 1996. During the approval of the sale by FCC, Paxson Communications proposed Roberts to share 50% of the stake in the service however, the bid remained unsuccessful. ACME Communications became successful in attaining 49% interest in KZAR-TV on Aug 22, 1997. It also agreed to acquire the remainder 51% once the channel signed on air. The calls of the station were changed to KUWB in Feb 1998, a move it made while anticipating WB’s affiliation. It became KUPX under the new ownership. Its licensed received Federal Communications Commission’s approval on May 29, 1998.

It originally broadcasted inTV programming, a home shopping network under the ownership of Paxson Communications which would later become Pax TV on Aug 31, 1998. The station also offered programs of The Worship Network in overnight slot. Paxson was rechristened as Ion Media Networks and Pax TV was renamed as Ion Television on Jan 29, 2007. You can watch the channel online for entertainment programming, seasons and shows. Follow KUPX on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram. Here is the website: www.iontelevision.com/